Monday, June 21, 2010

Climb Every Mountain

Cindy here.  Scott has limited access to the internet so when we talk each day he gives me highlights to blog about if he can't get online.  Here's today's report from the bicycling Purser.

Yesterday I set up my tent in center field at the Boys and Girls Club.  Tonight I'm hunkered down along the first base line, close to the dugout at Foothills Middle School in Wenatchee, Washington.  We entered the Cascade Mountains today and the 17 miles up to Stevens Pass (4061 feet) were the highest hills I've ever biked.  It was cool and rainy so I wore all my rain gear.  It was cold at the top with a little bit of snow and we even biked past a ski lift.  Once at the top, we barreled down the other side.  We rode on Highway 2 and stopped in a quaint Bavarian-style village named Leavenworth.

Today I biked with one of the cyclists from the Netherlands (Jan).  Riding with others is helping me keep a good pace.  And the scenery was great again, riding along the Wenatchee River with it's white water rapids.

Every day as I ride I'm thinking about and praying for people in our lives.  Today's ride was dedicated to the Knight family who have had many hills to climb over the years.  Their faith in our sovereign God encourages us.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are letting us in on your adventures. 17 miles uphill - whoa. I'm still wondering how you all will cross the Rockies??? And, have you busted out your costumes yet? We want pictures! Good work, Scott (and thanks, Cindy, for ghostwriting).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats, Scott left the Underdog costume at home. Guess I'll have to mail it to him. (Cindy)

    ReplyDelete