Sunday, June 27, 2010

Idaho to Montana



Can't say enough good things about Idaho -- very beautiful area to bike through.   But, alas, I'm already in Montana.    Couldn't find a "Welcome to Montana" sign though.  Someone suggested that we could find one when we leave Montana and simply turn around and take the photo?  

I'm now in Missoula, Montana.  Had the most challenging ride of my life yesterday going for just over 100 miles from Thompson Falls to Missoula.   But, it ended so wonderful.  My High School friend Alex Gallegos runs a bike shop in Missoula, Montana.  He biked out to find me on the route and we rode the last several miles together, right into his bicycle shop, Missoula Bike Works.    Met his wonderful family and they took me out to dinner -- awesome Lamb Burger at Cafe Dulche.  

We will hang out together today -- clean up the bike and have lunch again with Alex and family.  Totally cool.    This week was more than 600 miles on the bike in eight straight days.   Today seems a nice day to go for a walk -- so I grabbed a small backpack and tooled around Missoula this morning.  Had breakfast with Mark Oncale from New Orleans at The Shack in downtown Missoula.    Mark is 81-years old and this is his fourth ride across America!  My hero.

2 comments:

  1. WOW I was just watching A River Runs Through It. If the land is a beautiful in the movie I bet it is breathtaking. I am so glad you got to hang out with your friends. Have a great time. Love you lots Dawn Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn. I'm on the road again to Lincoln, Montanta today. 80 miles -- slow gradual up hill and hot today. But my friend Alex is going to join me for part of the ride and then turn back to Missoula. Yours, Scott

    ReplyDelete