Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fire Truck for Sale

On occassion I see something that I wish I would have stopped to take a photo.  Today we rolled through the town of Thermopolis, Wyoming.   As we rode bye I saw an old fire truck for sale!  Funny thing -- my dad actually bought one in the 1970's and we had it by the side of our home for a few years.  It was a blast to bring to elementary school for "Show and Tell."    So when we rode bye I just thought of this fond memory of my youth -- and sort of wondering how much an old fire truck costs?   Probably better that I rode on!

We rode from Riverton, Wyoming to Worland, Wyoming -- about 92 mile.  But my bike computer broke so I'm at the local library once again downloading instructions on how to fix a Cateye Strada Double Wireless bike computer.  

I rode most of the way with Jan (Netherlands), Chuck (Missouri) and Martin (UK).   Jan and Chuck stopped off in Thermopolis to try to watch Spain vs. Germany in the World Cup match.   Martin and I continued the rest of the way into Worland, a small town of about 5000 people.    This morning Jan led our little line and as we rode through rural Wyoming he promised a free cup of coffee to the first one who could find anything interesting -- something we all could agree was interesting.   I saw a red tire sticking out of the ground but that didn't seem to be suitable for all.   Still, he bought us all coffee when we finally found a small cafe.  These are the small bike games we play as we pass the time from one spot to the next.    Tomorrow is a huge ride --perhaps the biggest of the trip so far -- but I'll get more details tonight on our evening meeting. 

After dinner we all meet to review the next day's route and notable places of interest.   We took it easy today knowing that we have a huge climb to come tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. That is to funny Scott, I miss that truck from time to time. I was telling someone at work about the Truck, a clown for a father and a brother that road on one wheel... His reply was WOW what a childhood you had, no wonder why you are always smiling.

    I hope you enjoy the Devils Tower and the badlands. There is a crazy place near there called Wall Drug store and then the Corn Palace. Have fun. Love you lots and miss you. DM

    ReplyDelete